Skip to main content

BBQ shredded chicken sliders

 Hi friends,

Today I'm sharing one of our favorite chicken recipes: BBQ Chicken Sliders. It is super simple and can be prepped ahead so you can take with you anywhere or prepare in a hurry to feed your crew. 

1) Start by adding 6-8 frozen chicken breasts (I purchase a big bag of individual flash frozen chicken breasts at Costco) into my Instant Pot and line them side by side. (If chicken will be used only for this recipe create a delicious bbq shredded chicken with: 2 cups of bbq sauce, 1/2 cup of italian dressing, 1/8 cup brown sugar and 1 cup of water to the I.P.)

2) Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of the I.P. add lid and seal to venting. 

3) Cook on manual for 14-15 minutes and let sit for another 5-10 minutes before doing a quick release.

4) Remove from I.P. and shred chicken while still hot (it should shred easily) * I like to use tongs to shred the meat by lightly twisting the meat apart. 

5) Set meat aside 

6) Prep sliders by slicing your chosen rolls (we like to use Hawaiian rolls or the potato rolls from Costco), setting out all toppings: shredded lettuce, slices of cheese, bbq sauce and any other toppings your family enjoys with sliders. * I like to make this homemade coleslaw  (https://thishomeschoolerslife.blogspot.com/2020/10/homemade-coleslaw.html) but I didn't have all the ingredients on hand today so we used shredded salad lettuce instead ;) 

7) Pile a helping of shredded chicken, slices of cheese, shredded lettuce or coleslaw and top with bq sauce (or allow your family to build their own sliders)  

* I made enough shredded chicken to have leftovers for the next night (when I plan to use meat in more than one meal I like to cook it with plain like this recipe) 

To see what I used the leftover shredded chicken for check out my other post here: https://thishomeschoolerslife.blogspot.com/2020/10/cowboy-casserole.html

Happy cooking friends!

~K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...

Shredded Chicken & Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Bake

  HI Friends, Happy Holidays!! This year for our Christmas morning brunch I tried out this new recipe and it was a huge hit with the fam so I just had to share it with you :) I'm loving that this recipe can be made ahead of time (which is great for a holiday meal) and stored overnight in the fridge to save prep time the day you intend to bake it. This year I coupled this with my yummy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake (recipe link here:  Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake )  for a hearty breakfast. We ate around 11:30am and still haven't been hungry for much other than a snack of fruit & veggies and it's 6:30pm! It held us all day and we are just getting ready to eat a lite dinner while we watch some Christmas movies :)  Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did! :)  INGREDIENTS: 8 English muffins sliced into 1 inch cubes 16 oz shredded chicken or diced cooked ham  2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 8 large eggs 2 cups heavy whipping cre...