Skip to main content

Shredded Chicken & Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Bake


 HI Friends, Happy Holidays!! This year for our Christmas morning brunch I tried out this new recipe and it was a huge hit with the fam so I just had to share it with you :) I'm loving that this recipe can be made ahead of time (which is great for a holiday meal) and stored overnight in the fridge to save prep time the day you intend to bake it. This year I coupled this with my yummy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake (recipe link here: Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake) for a hearty breakfast. We ate around 11:30am and still haven't been hungry for much other than a snack of fruit & veggies and it's 6:30pm! It held us all day and we are just getting ready to eat a lite dinner while we watch some Christmas movies :) 

Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did! :) 

INGREDIENTS:

8 English muffins sliced into 1 inch cubes

16 oz shredded chicken or diced cooked ham 

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

8 large eggs

2 cups heavy whipping cream

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

*optional: Sprinkle of Basil & Oregano

INSTRUCTIONS: 

*Preheat oven to 350' and grease 9x13 in. casserole dish with cooking/baking spray

1. Slice English muffins into thin strips & then into cube size pieces

2. Add half of English Muffin cube pieces to casserole dish & sprinkle with half of cheese and meat.

3. Repeat another layer of English muffin cubed pieces, and the other half of cheese and meat. 

4. In a large bowl mix eggs, cream, salt and pepper and whisk well to combine. Pour over casserole covering it well. 

5. Sprinkle the top with a small handful of cheese and cover with aluminum foil.

6. Bake casserole on top rack for 45 minutes. 

7. Remove foil and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes uncovered. 

8. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

*Tips: 

-Check often to ensure it is baked evenly by inserting a toothpick into the middle of dish and checking if it comes out clean. 

-This yummy casserole would be perfect for a potluck or could be frozen (if prepped without the egg mixture added). If frozen, allow to thaw prior to baking and add egg mixture just before baking. 

Enjoy!

~K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plantations of Charleston, Part II: Middleton Place

  Middleton Place: part II of "Plantations of Charleston" series Our tour of Middleton Place, a 320 year old rice plantation began just shortly after our tour of Drayton Hall (if you missed that post click the link here:  https://thishomeschoolerslife.blogspot.com/2021/07/how-to-have-perfect-day-touring.html ).  Middleton Place sits on 110 acers along the Ashley river  and is home to 65 of America's oldest landscaped gardens, historic plantation home, stables and an organic farm. Immediately upon arrival you'll feel like you've been transported to the English countryside. A large stately home (all that is left after Union troops burnt the North flanker and original home during the Civil War) surrounded by vast open green spaces, free roaming livestock wandering about, massive oaks in the distance ready to offer a reprieve on a hot sunny day are waiting to greet you and lend to the iconic atmosphere that is felt the moment you first step foot on the grounds.  One...

Delicious Pumpkin Scones

 Hi friends,  If you are looking for a yummy fall treat to bake for your family these pumpkin scones will be the perfect fit! This delicious recipe comes from my aunt J who is an incredible cook and loves to bake up yummy treats to share with family and friends. A few years ago I planned and hosted a surprise tea party for my grandmothers 85th birthday and of course a tea party wouldn't be complete without yummy food! My aunt happily baked up these amazing scones along with her exposition scones (recipe and more info about the tea party can be found on my instagram @thishomeschoolerslife.   ) for the party.  They are always a big hit & devoured quickly ;)  I knew I had to get her recipe to bake them with my kiddos  :)   Pumpkin Scones:  2 Cups Flour 7 Tablespoons Sugar 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon Cloves 1/4 teaspoon Ginger *Mix all the above ingredients & cut...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...