Skip to main content

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake

Every year this delicious casserole is the main request for our special holiday brunch menu. My kids and hubby can't get enough of this gooey, sweet casserole and we very rarely have leftovers ;) One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge overnight so it's ready to bake Christmas or Easter morning (we also love bake it on Thanksgiving morning or birthday mornings too :)) which saves me tons of time on holiday mornings & allows me to not spend so much time in the kitchen. ;) I also love that it is an easy recipe to make and my kids enjoy helping me prep the dish. We hope you and your family will create many wonderful memories when you mix up this delicious dish too! 

INGREDIENTS:

2 cans Annie's (no gmo's, all natural) or any other brand of cinnamon rolls you prefer) cinnamon rolls 

1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick) 

1/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

3/4 cup heavy whipping cream or half & half  

3 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

2 tsp vanilla extract (I prefer homemade pure vanilla extract)

Icing from cinnamon roll packages

*Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans


INSTRUCTIONS:

 *Preheat oven to 350' and grease a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil spray

1. In a large bowl mix melted butter & sugar.

2. Beat in eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg & vanilla.

3. Open cinnamon roll packages & slice each roll into fourths. 

4. Place each piece into the bowl of egg mixture and coat thoroughly. Then place the pieces into a greased 9x13 casserole dish and spread out evenly. 

5. Use any leftover mixture to pour over casserole & sprinkle with pecans if desired.

6. Bake at 350' on low rack for 35-40 minutes or until brown and bubbling (use a toothpick to check if it's done). 

7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. While casserole is cooling heat up icing packets in microwave for 8-10 seconds in a microwave safe dish. Snip end of packet and drizzle over casserole. 

8. Serve and Enjoy!! :) 

Happy Holidays friends! 

~K



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...

Excellent & affordable math program for kiddos: A+ Interactive Math

 Hi friends,  I want to tell you about this great math program I've discovered that's beneficial for both homeschool & public school students alike. If you have a kidddo that is struggling a bit in math, perhaps they have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the subject, struggle to grasp math concepts, finds some topics confusing or just plain out "doesn't like math", I think this program could be a perfect fit for them. With  A+ interactive math your kiddos have access to the math help they need & you have the key to a wonderful resource that will help you both achieve your math goals and give you some peace of mind knowing your kiddos are getting assistance that will help them thrive in math. They provide a multi sensory, all encompassing program that easily caters to children of all learning abilities & those with special needs as well by incorporating multiple learning styles. The owner/creator, Vinod spent years researching the best methods f...