Skip to main content

Delicious Pumpkin Scones

 Hi friends,

 If you are looking for a yummy fall treat to bake for your family these pumpkin scones will be the perfect fit!
This delicious recipe comes from my aunt J who is an incredible cook and loves to bake up yummy treats to share with family and friends. A few years ago I planned and hosted a surprise tea party for my grandmothers 85th birthday and of course a tea party wouldn't be complete without yummy food! My aunt happily baked up these amazing scones along with her exposition scones (recipe and more info about the tea party can be found on my instagram @thishomeschoolerslife.   ) for the party.  They are always a big hit & devoured quickly ;)  I knew I had to get her recipe to bake them with my kiddos  :)  


Pumpkin Scones: 

2 Cups Flour

7 Tablespoons Sugar

1 Tablespoon Baking Powder

1/2 teaspoon Salt

1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon Cloves

1/4 teaspoon Ginger

*Mix all the above ingredients & cut in: 6 Tablespoons Cold Butter

* In a new bowl combine: 

1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin

3 Tablespoons half and half

1 large egg

*Combine ingredients into large mixing bowl. 

Form gently into a ball. Pat out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into wedges or rectangles using a pizza cutter/slicer.  Place onto a sprayed/greased cookie sheet or on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper 1-2 inches apart.

*Bake for 14-16 minutes at 425 degrees (15minutes seems to be our perfectly baked golden number ;) ) 

*Remove from oven, carefully move onto cookie rack to cool. 

*Serve with home made Devonshire cream & homemade jam :)  (recipe for Devonshire cream here: https://thishomeschoolerslife.blogspot.com/2020/10/easy-homemade-devonshire-cream-recipe.html

Enjoy!! :)

*Homemade raspberry jam recipe to come! 


For more recipes and to follow along on our homeschool journey connect with me at #thishomeschoolerslife on Instagram or at thishomeschoolerslife@gmail.com to be added to my email list 

Happy Baking Friends,

~K 

Photo of my sweet grandmother at her 85th birthday tea party 💝


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...

Excellent & affordable math program for kiddos: A+ Interactive Math

 Hi friends,  I want to tell you about this great math program I've discovered that's beneficial for both homeschool & public school students alike. If you have a kidddo that is struggling a bit in math, perhaps they have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the subject, struggle to grasp math concepts, finds some topics confusing or just plain out "doesn't like math", I think this program could be a perfect fit for them. With  A+ interactive math your kiddos have access to the math help they need & you have the key to a wonderful resource that will help you both achieve your math goals and give you some peace of mind knowing your kiddos are getting assistance that will help them thrive in math. They provide a multi sensory, all encompassing program that easily caters to children of all learning abilities & those with special needs as well by incorporating multiple learning styles. The owner/creator, Vinod spent years researching the best methods f...