Skip to main content

The best Instagram-worthy murals in Savannah

 Howdy friends, I'm so glad your here! Join me while we check out some of the awesome murals in Savannah Georgia. 

If you're anything like me you love art, a good mural & finding the best, most unique ones in a large city. On my recent travels to Savannah Georgia I scoped out a plethora of murals that I know you're going to love. Check out several of my favorites below and be sure to like, save and follow along for more murals, hidden gems and travel insights from around several of the USA's top cities.

One of our absolute favorites was the: Welcome to Savannah mural located on: 611 West Oglethorp Avenue (Shown in photo above). It is on the back side of the Thunderbird Hotel and easily accessible. It just so happened that the parking garage we found was just a block away & as an added bonus it was on our way towards the historic River Street. 


Another one of my faves and a must stop for any Pepsi fan is the: Pepsi Loves Savannah mural located at: 4009 Montgomery St.

It is a classic 90's themed Pepsi mural that I know you'll love! All you Cindy Crawford fans can reenact her classic poses to your hearts delight until you capture the perfect shot. 

The next mural I'd suggest stopping at is on the Savannah College of Art Design campus and is quite impressive to see up close. I highly recommend adding this stop to your must see murals list!

The colors and details of this mural are so fun and it is one of the only multi story murals in Savannah. The Montgomery hall (SCAD) mural is located at: 3515 Montgomery Street.

I also recommend adding the Green Truck mural located at: 2430 Habersham Street & the Ya'll sign that's just around the corner in the parking lot. Both are located in the same stop & ooze southern style. I especially liked the Ya'll sign as it's a classic southern saying that I've heard hundreds of times during visits to family  all up and down the east coast & in the deep south.

Lastly, I suggest adding the corner of 41st & Bull street where multiple murals cover the exterior & interior of the old Starland Dairy building.  Some of our favorite murals, the most interesting and humorous ones were at this location. My personal favorites were the Explore Sav & a mural with a Georgia Peach yelling, something about it was just comical to me. ;)  

During our day exploring around Savannah we lucked out & enjoyed having most of the murals to ourselves. We had a good ole' time taking pics to our hearts delight, being silly & making each other laugh. Some of the other contenders for our favorite murals were: the Starland Dairy Cow mural and one of a leopard. I'm not sure if these are ever changed but we had a blast taking pics with them. 

Lastly, I can't forget to mention that if you continue down the Bull street the famous Blue Door Angel Wings mural is definitely worth stopping at for a few photos. They are beautiful and a quick stop if you're in a hurry.:)

 If you enjoy discovering some of the hidden gems when you visit a large city I suggest researching and finding out if there are any known locations of murals in the city. If not, don't be afraid to drive around and explore a bit to see if you can spot any on your own. Many artists love to use a mural as a blank canvas to express their thoughts, feelings and views.
Are there any other murals in Savannah that I missed or that you'd recommend? What city has the most murals that you've enjoyed seeing? Where are your favorite murals located? 

Thanks for following along with me, come join me on my other platform at my instagram handle: thishomeschoolerslife/instagram to check out all of our other adventures & daily life posts. :)

Until next time, happy travels!
~K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

  Creamy Chicken Enchiladas: This yummy recipe for chicken enchiladas is sure to be a crowd pleaser and be a hit even with picky eaters! It is super easy and adaptable, you can whip it up in a snap while catering to your families health needs/preferences and individual tastes :)  What I love most is that I can prep multiple dishes all at once, one for tonight and one for later in the week or to pop in the freezer for a night I am short on time and but want to provide a homecooked meal for my family (double bonus🙌).  First start with gathering all your ingredients:  -Tortillas: Either store bought or homemade ( I love to use flat out brand, 5 grain fold it tortilla's (healthier version) or Mission whole wheat or flour tortillas (my kiddos prefer these as they are a bit softer and less chewy texture).  -Meat: Chicken (or any other meat could be substituted. *I also love to use ground elk or organic grass fed ground beef, both are equally delicious) -Rice: Basmati...

Shredded Chicken & Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Bake

  HI Friends, Happy Holidays!! This year for our Christmas morning brunch I tried out this new recipe and it was a huge hit with the fam so I just had to share it with you :) I'm loving that this recipe can be made ahead of time (which is great for a holiday meal) and stored overnight in the fridge to save prep time the day you intend to bake it. This year I coupled this with my yummy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake (recipe link here:  Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake )  for a hearty breakfast. We ate around 11:30am and still haven't been hungry for much other than a snack of fruit & veggies and it's 6:30pm! It held us all day and we are just getting ready to eat a lite dinner while we watch some Christmas movies :)  Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did! :)  INGREDIENTS: 8 English muffins sliced into 1 inch cubes 16 oz shredded chicken or diced cooked ham  2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 8 large eggs 2 cups heavy whipping cre...

The Ultimate comfort food: Easy Green bean tater tot casserole

  Hi Friends,  Today I'm going to share my grandma's delicious green bean tater tot casserole. It is super simple to make, can easily be made ahead and stored in the fridge for later in the week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. I love that it is easy to make, is a great comfort food (similar to shepherds pie without all the extra calories) and the options of what you add in are limitless and can be catered to around every food restriction & easily adapted to fit your families needs.  Ingredients:  ⬥1 1/2-2 cups of cooked green beans (fresh) or 1 14oz can of green beans. *They can be chopped or whole, that is up to you and what fits your families needs best.  ⬥1 can of organic cream of chicken, cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup (choice of soup is up to your preference. I tend to use cream of chicken or cream of celery soup with chicken and cream of mushroom if my meat base if beef). ⬥ 1-2 lbs of ground beef  cooked (or could swap out fo...