Skip to main content

Scrumptious Snickerdoodle Cake

 Hi there friend,

We are celebrating my son's birthday this week & his first request was for this homemade cake to be at his party. The recipe was gifted to me from my Aunt J several years ago after it was an instant hit at a family gathering. My hubby isn't a huge chocolate fan (shocking, I know!😉) so this has become his favorite desert that I make & is quickly becoming one of my kiddos faves and I think it will become one of yours as well. It's a delicious combo of light fluffy cake & creamy homemade frosting with an amazing snickerdoodle flavor. 

If you love the taste of a snickerdoodle cookie this cake will delight your tastebuds and if you like baking but don't have a lot of time this is the perfect match on both accounts. Simple to make & savory to the last bite. It fits the bill for every birthday, holiday, special family event, is sure to be a crowd pleaser and a hit at any potluck, casual gathering & party. I hope you & your loved ones enjoy it just as much as we do! :)

Recipe:

*Ingredients:

-1 pkg plain white cake mix

-1 cup whole milk

-8 Tablespoon butter, melted

-3 large eggs

-1 teaspoon pure vanilla

-2 teaspoons Cinnamon, ground

 *Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl. 

-Beat on low for 1 minute on low speed. Scrape the sides and increase speed to medium for 2 minutes. 

-Next, divide batter between 2 9" round pans that have been greased/floured or sprayed. (**I prefer to spray with coconut oil spray & to line bottom of my pans with parchment paper to ensure easy removal). 

-Bake at 350degrees for 25-26 minutes (check with a tooth pick.) *If it comes out clean set aside to cool. If not pop back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes and check again. 

-Allow to cool on counter for 10-15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. 


While cake is baking mix following ingredients: 

*Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:

-8 Tablespoons (1 full stick of butter), room temp 

-3 3/4 cup powdered sugar

-3-4 Tablespoons milk

-1 teaspoon vanilla

-1 teaspoon cinnamon


*Combine all ingredients in mixer.

 Mix together on low speed for 1 to 3 minutes. Add 1 additional Tablespoon milk if you prefer. 

-Makes a generous amount, so you can choose to do only 3/4 of recipe instead. 


After both cakes are completely cooled, place one layer on a flat surface, cake stand or serving dish and begin to frost. Smooth frosting across bottom layer until covered, making sure to apply a generous amount on top (this will be the frosted portion between layers). Next place the additional layer on top and continue to frost until entire cake is frosted. Smooth out all frosting to your desired consistency and then cover and set aside until ready to serve. 

The cake should remain fluffy and moist for up to a week if kept covered at room temp. If you prefer to save some and serve at a later date cake could be frozen if stored in an airtight, freezer safe container. Best if used within a few weeks. 

For more recipe ideas head over to the "easy recipes" tab👉 to check out several of my families fave meals & simple recipes. After you try this cake or one of my other recipes drop me a comment and let me know how you liked it or tweaked it to suit your preferences. Follow along & join me on my instagram page at: https://www.instagram.com/thishomeschoolerslife/ for other recipes, tips, family adventures & motherhood insights.

Happy Baking,

~K

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...

Excellent & affordable math program for kiddos: A+ Interactive Math

 Hi friends,  I want to tell you about this great math program I've discovered that's beneficial for both homeschool & public school students alike. If you have a kidddo that is struggling a bit in math, perhaps they have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the subject, struggle to grasp math concepts, finds some topics confusing or just plain out "doesn't like math", I think this program could be a perfect fit for them. With  A+ interactive math your kiddos have access to the math help they need & you have the key to a wonderful resource that will help you both achieve your math goals and give you some peace of mind knowing your kiddos are getting assistance that will help them thrive in math. They provide a multi sensory, all encompassing program that easily caters to children of all learning abilities & those with special needs as well by incorporating multiple learning styles. The owner/creator, Vinod spent years researching the best methods f...