Skip to main content

Melt in your mouth mac n cheese

 

One of my families all time favorites on a cold winter day is home made mac n cheese. My family loves how creamy and cheesy this version is and I love how simple it is to make, that makes it a win/win in my book! ;) 

When my son requested it for dinner tonight and I was all to happy to oblige after a busy day. We think your whole family will love it just as much as we do so I had to share it with you!  :)

One of my favorite things about this recipe is how easily it can be adapted to your families likes. Simply add a cup of shredded chicken, ground beef, sliced pieces of a sausage, died ham or bacon and your mac n cheese will make anyone happy! 

Directions: 

*1 box of uncooked noodles (I prefer O Organics whole wheat macaroni, rigatoni or spiral noodles. We also love to make it with GF noodles or black bean noodles as well).

*1 cup of desired meat

*1 cup of water

*1/2 tablespoon of butter is optional

Dump all ingredients into instant pot. Starting with noodles on the bottom. Stir to combine. 

Press 4 minutes on manual settings for regular noodles. 2 minutes if using Gluten Free noodles, rice noodles or black bean noodles. 

Close lid and lock in place and allow to cook. Once timer goes off do a quick release. 

After it's cooked directions:

*Add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and stir 

*Add in 1 to 1 1/2 cups of any cheese blend you like (we prefer a Monterey Jack/Colby Jack or cheddar variety)

                                 *Stir all ingredients to combine. Serve immediately. Enjoy! 


PS. If you don't have an instant pot yet you are totally missing out! It is my all time favorite small kitchen appliance and we use it at least 3 or more times a week! 


Happy Friday Friends! 

~K



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...

Excellent & affordable math program for kiddos: A+ Interactive Math

 Hi friends,  I want to tell you about this great math program I've discovered that's beneficial for both homeschool & public school students alike. If you have a kidddo that is struggling a bit in math, perhaps they have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the subject, struggle to grasp math concepts, finds some topics confusing or just plain out "doesn't like math", I think this program could be a perfect fit for them. With  A+ interactive math your kiddos have access to the math help they need & you have the key to a wonderful resource that will help you both achieve your math goals and give you some peace of mind knowing your kiddos are getting assistance that will help them thrive in math. They provide a multi sensory, all encompassing program that easily caters to children of all learning abilities & those with special needs as well by incorporating multiple learning styles. The owner/creator, Vinod spent years researching the best methods f...