Skip to main content

The best Cookie & Cream cookie recipe


Hi Friends, 


Today I'm sharing one of my families all time favorite, go to delicious desert recipes. My kids love a warm cookie that's fresh from the oven as much as anyone but this special recipe for cookie & cream cookies is one of their most requested cookies any day of the week ;) 

My hubby isn't a huge chocolate fan so chocolate chip cookies area  rarity in our home. The first time I tried this recipe my family was in cookie heaven and I knew we had found a winner. I'm sure it will quickly become one of your favorite go to desert recipes as well. :) 

Recipe:

** Preheat oven to 350 degrees

* 1 cup butter, softened

* 1/2 cup brown sugar

* 1/2 cup sugar

* 1 (4.2oz) package of Oreo Cookies & Cream pudding mix

* 2 large eggs

* 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I love to use my homemade pure vanilla extract)

* 2 1/4 cups flour (I use organic unbleached flour, but any all purpose flour will work)

* 1 tsp. baking soda

* 1 cup white chocolate chips

* 15 Oreo cookies coarsely crushed (big chunks) 

1) Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together. 

2) Add in pudding mix & mix until well blended.

3) Add egg, vanilla and mix well. 

4) Add the blour & baking soda and continue mixing. 

5) Stir in white chocolate chips (could use chocolate chips if preferred) & Oreo 

cookie chunks. 

6) Drop cookies by rounded teaspoonfuls (can use a cookie scoop) onto a greased cookie sheet. 

** Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden on top and slightly soft to touch. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack to set/firm  (or enjoy right out of the oven while they are warm) 😊

*Yields 2 dozen give or take depending on how large you make your cookies


These cookies are a great crowd pleaser and have always been a huge hit at any gathering I've brought them to. * They also freeze well and are great as a frozen treat :) 

 Happy baking friends!

~K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...

Shredded Chicken & Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Bake

  HI Friends, Happy Holidays!! This year for our Christmas morning brunch I tried out this new recipe and it was a huge hit with the fam so I just had to share it with you :) I'm loving that this recipe can be made ahead of time (which is great for a holiday meal) and stored overnight in the fridge to save prep time the day you intend to bake it. This year I coupled this with my yummy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake (recipe link here:  Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake )  for a hearty breakfast. We ate around 11:30am and still haven't been hungry for much other than a snack of fruit & veggies and it's 6:30pm! It held us all day and we are just getting ready to eat a lite dinner while we watch some Christmas movies :)  Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did! :)  INGREDIENTS: 8 English muffins sliced into 1 inch cubes 16 oz shredded chicken or diced cooked ham  2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 8 large eggs 2 cups heavy whipping cre...