Skip to main content

Chicken Corn Chowder

 Hello friends,


This is a fall favorite (but it's delicious any time of the year) in our home. My kiddos and hubby often request this hearty soup because it has great flavors and keeps their bellies full :) I'm always happy to oblige & we usually have all the ingredients on hand and it is a breeze to make this recipe. 

What you'll need: 

I'd suggest using an instant pot as this recipe was designed to cook in one. However, it could easily cook in a crock pot or big pot on your stove with the necessary time adjustments ;) 

*Instant Pot

*1 cup chopped or shredded chicken (could substitute with any meat you prefer. This is also very delicious with some added bacon bits)

* 1 bag of yellow potatoes chopped (or any potato you prefer)

*1/2 of 1 sweet onion (I like to use sweet Walla Walla onions)

* 1 red bell pepper diced

* 1 orange bell pepper diced (yellow or green also works)

* 2-3 medium carrots chopped

* 2-3 stalks of celery chopped

* 1 can (drained) sweet corn (or a bag of frozen corn)

*1/2 teaspoon of basil

* 1/2 teaspoon of oregano

* Pink Himalayan salt & ground black pepper to taste

*1 1/2 boxes of Low sodium Organic Chicken Broth (if I don't have enough chicken broth on hand I often will use a 1/2 box of vegetable broth)

** For creamy soup: Add a 1/4 cup or more of heavy whipping cream to soup after it has cooked and stir to combine before serving

*Optional toppings: Diced Chives, chopped Cilantro, chopped cooked bacon bits, sour cream, a handful of shredded cheese


Instructions:

1) Prep all ingredients and place into your pot & stir to combine.

2) Place lid on instant pot and turn lid to sealing

3) Cook on manual for 5-6 minutes

4) Once I.P. beeps allow to sit for 2-3 minutes and do a quick release. 

5) Use a potato masher to mash potatoes to your liking and add in 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream if you desire soup to be creamy

5) Allow to cool for up to 10 minutes before serving

6) Serve with a dollop of sour cream, diced chives or a sprinkle of chopped cilantro & some chopped bacon bits

*I like to serve this meal with some homemade bread or some of Costco's yummy rolls and a side salad. 

I'd love to hear some of your favorite fall recipes or additions you've tried with this recipe so drop me a comment :) 

Happy cooking friends,

~K


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

  Creamy Chicken Enchiladas: This yummy recipe for chicken enchiladas is sure to be a crowd pleaser and be a hit even with picky eaters! It is super easy and adaptable, you can whip it up in a snap while catering to your families health needs/preferences and individual tastes :)  What I love most is that I can prep multiple dishes all at once, one for tonight and one for later in the week or to pop in the freezer for a night I am short on time and but want to provide a homecooked meal for my family (double bonus🙌).  First start with gathering all your ingredients:  -Tortillas: Either store bought or homemade ( I love to use flat out brand, 5 grain fold it tortilla's (healthier version) or Mission whole wheat or flour tortillas (my kiddos prefer these as they are a bit softer and less chewy texture).  -Meat: Chicken (or any other meat could be substituted. *I also love to use ground elk or organic grass fed ground beef, both are equally delicious) -Rice: Basmati...

Shredded Chicken & Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Bake

  HI Friends, Happy Holidays!! This year for our Christmas morning brunch I tried out this new recipe and it was a huge hit with the fam so I just had to share it with you :) I'm loving that this recipe can be made ahead of time (which is great for a holiday meal) and stored overnight in the fridge to save prep time the day you intend to bake it. This year I coupled this with my yummy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake (recipe link here:  Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Bake )  for a hearty breakfast. We ate around 11:30am and still haven't been hungry for much other than a snack of fruit & veggies and it's 6:30pm! It held us all day and we are just getting ready to eat a lite dinner while we watch some Christmas movies :)  Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did! :)  INGREDIENTS: 8 English muffins sliced into 1 inch cubes 16 oz shredded chicken or diced cooked ham  2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 8 large eggs 2 cups heavy whipping cre...

Cowboy Casserole

 Hello friends,  If your family is anything like mine they will love this super simple & delicious hearty casserole. I love that it is filling, healthy and can easily be made ahead of time or frozen to keep on hand for the busy days we just don't have a ton of time but I still want us to eat a homemade meal. :)  *Check here for link to another yummy meal I think your family will love and that can easily be made out of left over shredded chicken you didn't use for this recipe: *Preheat oven to 375 degrees 1) Start by adding 6-8 frozen chicken breasts (I purchase a big bag of individual flash frozen chicken breasts at Costco) into my Instant Pot and line them side by side. (Also can be made with lean ground beef/lean turkey/sausage or ground elk). Cook on manual for 14-15 minutes, let sit another 5 minutes before quick release. 2) Dice 1/2 of 1 onion * (while chicken is cooking) 3) Drain one 15oz can of sweet corn 4) Add first three ingredients to a large mixing bowl ...