Skip to main content

Asian Chicken Salad

 Hello friends,

This yummy salad recipe is perfect for a light summer night meal, a side dish at a bbq or family gathering & can easily be a delicious addition to any meal all throughout the year. It has always been a huge hit when I've brought it to a potluck and I almost always leave with an empty dish ;)  My family loves when I make this and it is usually devoured, although on the rare occasion we have leftovers they don't last long. I'm sure your family will love this as much as mine & it will soon become one of their favorites :)


Asian Chicken salad recipe:  

* 1  3oz package of ramen noodles

* 1  14oz package coleslaw blend

* 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken

* 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts

* 1/2 cup of craisins (I like using regular or cherry)

* 1/2 teaspoon of basil (optional)

* 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)

* Chopped green onions (optional)

Add all ingredients to a large bowl (break ramen noodles into loose pieces) and mix well. 


Dressing:

* 1/2 Cup Sugar

* 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce

* 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds

* 1/4 teaspoon all spice

* 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar

* 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil

* 3 Tablespoons sesame seed oil

Mix all ingredients for dressing (except oils) in a glass jar & shake vigorously for 2 minutes. Add in oils and shake another 3 minutes. Drizzle dressing over salad and mix well. 

Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight dish for up to 3 days. 

Enjoy!

~K


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey that brought me to homeschooling: part II

Hi friends, Today I thought I'd share about our journey to homeschooling with you. I've had a few inquiries on my Instagram account about what got me into homeschooling lately and I'd love to take you on the journey with me while I reminisce :) So lets go back to the beginning, a little over 9 years ago my kiddos and I were living a completely different life. We were barely hanging on by a thread and just trying to survive another day. That's life, living with an abusive alcoholic and meth addict. I am so grateful and beyond thankful to say that my kiddos and I are survivors of domestic violence/abuse and that we are here, thriving and living an incredible life. One that God has brought so much restoration and healing to, we are safe, happy, healthy and loving the life we are privileged to be living. If you or anyone you know happens to be in a horrible situation, living with a violent partner I encourage you to seek help when it's safe for you/them to do so and t

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull

The best Instagram-worthy murals in Savannah

  Howdy friends, I'm so glad your here! Join me while we check out some of the awesome murals in Savannah Georgia.  If you're anything like me you love art, a good mural & finding the best, most unique ones in a large city. On my recent travels to Savannah Georgia I scoped out a plethora of murals that I know you're going to love. Check out several of my favorites below and be sure to like, save and follow along for more murals, hidden gems and travel insights from around several of the USA's top cities. One of our absolute favorites was the:   Welcome to Savannah   mural located on: 611 West Oglethorp Avenue (Shown in photo above). It is on the back side of the Thunderbird Hotel and easily accessible. It just so happened that the parking garage we found was just a block away & as an added bonus it was on our way towards the historic River Street.  Another one of my faves and a must stop for any Pepsi fan is the:  Pepsi Loves Savannah  mural located at: 4009 Mon