Skip to main content

Asian Chicken Salad

 Hello friends,

This yummy salad recipe is perfect for a light summer night meal, a side dish at a bbq or family gathering & can easily be a delicious addition to any meal all throughout the year. It has always been a huge hit when I've brought it to a potluck and I almost always leave with an empty dish ;)  My family loves when I make this and it is usually devoured, although on the rare occasion we have leftovers they don't last long. I'm sure your family will love this as much as mine & it will soon become one of their favorites :)


Asian Chicken salad recipe:  

* 1  3oz package of ramen noodles

* 1  14oz package coleslaw blend

* 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken

* 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts

* 1/2 cup of craisins (I like using regular or cherry)

* 1/2 teaspoon of basil (optional)

* 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)

* Chopped green onions (optional)

Add all ingredients to a large bowl (break ramen noodles into loose pieces) and mix well. 


Dressing:

* 1/2 Cup Sugar

* 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce

* 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds

* 1/4 teaspoon all spice

* 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar

* 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil

* 3 Tablespoons sesame seed oil

Mix all ingredients for dressing (except oils) in a glass jar & shake vigorously for 2 minutes. Add in oils and shake another 3 minutes. Drizzle dressing over salad and mix well. 

Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight dish for up to 3 days. 

Enjoy!

~K


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel tips for Glacier National Park: during the Covid-19 Pandemic & post pandemic

  “ Wander here a whole summer, if you can.   Thousands of God's wild blessings will search you and soak you as if you were a sponge, and the big days will go uncounted. (John Muir) Hello friends, I'm so glad you're here to join me in "The Joy of Travel" series, part 3: Glacier National park is a special place for my family, it is filled with wonder and awe at the majestic beauty that surrounds the entirety of the park & the incredible creativity of our creator. The park is surrounded by the most amazing peaks of stunning glaciers, the Rocky mountains and Clark, Lewis and Livingston ranges, with the highest peak being Mount Cleveland. Upon driving into the park visitors are met with gorgeous views that will delight any mountain lover at first glance of the stunning Lake McDonald, flanked by glaciers & all throughout the breathtaking drive along the famed "Going to the Sun" road. There are numerous stops along this amazing highway that is carefull...

Comprehensive Homeschool Resource List:

  Hello friends,  When I first began homeschooling I remember feeling so overwhelmed with all the choices, the stress and pressure of not knowing where to start and not wanting to make the wrong decisions or miss anything important. It was so much to try and sort through and I didn't know which direction was up. Thankfully I had several friends who had been homeschooling for several years share some of their wisdom with me, gave me tips and pointers and helped answer my questions. That was so invaluable to me as a newbie to homeschooling and I will always be so appreciative of their advice, encouragement and their time. It is my hope that this blog will be like a good friend to turn to when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and need somewhere to turn to find some advice and encouragement. I don't have all the answers and I don't know all the tricks, tips or cool home-school hacks but I can share what I've learned from my experiences with you and hope you will fee...

Excellent & affordable math program for kiddos: A+ Interactive Math

 Hi friends,  I want to tell you about this great math program I've discovered that's beneficial for both homeschool & public school students alike. If you have a kidddo that is struggling a bit in math, perhaps they have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the subject, struggle to grasp math concepts, finds some topics confusing or just plain out "doesn't like math", I think this program could be a perfect fit for them. With  A+ interactive math your kiddos have access to the math help they need & you have the key to a wonderful resource that will help you both achieve your math goals and give you some peace of mind knowing your kiddos are getting assistance that will help them thrive in math. They provide a multi sensory, all encompassing program that easily caters to children of all learning abilities & those with special needs as well by incorporating multiple learning styles. The owner/creator, Vinod spent years researching the best methods f...